Brochure Type: Ireland and Scotland Tours 2024 v1
Blaze a trail and tick off the Treasures of Ireland on this quick jaunt around the Emerald Isle, including stops in Dublin, Cork and Cobh, Titanic's final fateful stop. Learn all about Viking history, kiss the Blarney Stone and watch in wonder as the idyllic Ring of Kerry unfolds.
- Explore Dublin, Titanic Story in Cobh and Killarney National Park with a Local Specialist
- Discover Waterford, Cork and Killarney
- Visit Trinity College, Glendalough, Waterford Crystal, Blarney Castle, Torc Waterfall, Foynes Flying Boat Museum and the Cliffs of Moher
- View St. Kevin's Cross in Glendalough and King John's Castle in Limerick
- See Dublin's Georgian Squares
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Cobh: Join a Local Specialist on a walking tour through the historic port city of Cobh.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts! Visit Blarney Castle and see the famous Stone of Eloquence.
- Torc Waterfall: Visit the Torc Waterfall with a Local Specialist.
- Ring of Kerry: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Wexford: Enjoy a visit to a seal rescue centre and learn how injured seals from the coast of Ireland are rehabilitated into the wild.
- Waterford: Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Foynes: Visit Foynes Flying Boat Museum, the only dedicated flying boat museum in the world, to gain insight into the rich history of aviation.
- Cork: Discover centuries of tumultuous history staying at the Maldron Shandon hotel, a building that has survived wars, fires and threats of demolition to become the grand hotel it is today.
- Killarney: It's 1930s Ireland revisited. Visit the working farms of Muckross taking you back to a time of traditional farming. Learn how to churn butter and dine in the Quilles Farmhouse against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17817077
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2024
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Welcome to Ireland: Put a little Irish spring in your step and stroll through the lyrical capital of Dublin - your springboard to an unforgettable jaunt through the treasures of Ireland. Join a Local Specialist this afternoon to explore the city's iconic sights. Walk the cobbled courtyard of Trinity College and see the Book of Kells. Then, enjoy a Welcome Reception to get to know your fellow travellers.
|Waterford and Cork Dive Into Culture
|Journey to Waterford and Cork Dive Into Culture Make Travel Matter Stays With Stories: Departing Dublin this morning, we journey to the peaceful monastic ruins at Glendalough which survived repeated Viking attacks over the centuries. We'll Dive Into Culture, watching the master craftsmen of the House of Waterford Crystal as they create delicate works of art. Stop at a seal rescue centre for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience. Our final stop today is the 'rebel' city of Cork, where we'll have a free evening to enjoy a little Irish craic and soak up the lively atmosphere of this university city. Our Stays With Stories hotel is the historic Maldron Shandon. Originally Cork's first general hospital opened in 1720, the building has a colourful history that has seen it survive wars, political upheaval, fire and demolition threats before it opened its doors as a grand hotel.
|Blarney and Killarney
|See the Sights of Blarney and Killarney: Stop in Cobh, the charming seaside town that was the final port of call for the tragic Titanic on its fateful voyage. Join your Local Specialist for a walking tour to re-live the timeline of the Titanic, then embark on a scenic drive to Blarney Castle, kissing its famous stone to acquire the 'gift of the gab'. Continue to Killarney where you'll spend the next two nights.
|Ring of Kerry
|A Day on the Ring of Kerry Connect with Locals: Stop and admire the dazzling Torc Waterfall during your leisurely guided walk with a Local Specialist along wooden paths and lakeshore trails. Having stretched your legs, you'll have an opportunity to admire the enduring beauty along Ireland's most scenic coastal drive around the Ring of Kerry. Later, join your companions at Muckross Traditional Farms for a Be My Guest encounter with an Irish rural community from the 1930s and Connect With Locals, stepping back in time to learn about traditional Irish farm life against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney. You'll emerge from the experience with an overwhelming feeling of nostalgia for simpler times and the knowledge that through your visit you are helping to preserve the heritage of rural Ireland for generations to come.
|Cliffs of Moher and on to Limerick
|Admire the Cliffs of Moher and on to Limerick Dive Into Culture: Delve into the era of the first transatlantic flights during a visit to the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes. At one time, it was the refuelling point for Pan Am's Flying Boat, the Yankee Clipper. Picture life as a passenger onboard a replica Boeing 314 as we Dive Into Culture and experience the aircraft first hand. You will walk away knowing how Irish Coffee was invented. Here you can imagine yourself a weary passenger, delayed due to bad weather while you sip your own cup of 'Foynes Original,' used to treat nervous passengers years ago. This afternoon, travel to the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre. This wonderfully engaging experience brings one of Ireland's most treasured natural phenomena to life in an interactive way that will leave you with stories to tell for years to come. Enjoy the IMAX-type multimedia which gives visitors a bird's eye view of the cliffs or dive virtually beneath the surface of the Atlantic and into the underwater caves at the foot of the cliffs that would have otherwise gone unseen. Continue to your hotel in Limerick where we spend the night.
|Onwards to Shannon: Our epic journey through the treasures of Ireland has come to an end. For now, it's time to wish your fellow travellers slan abhaile as our memorable holiday comes to an end. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class