Brochure Type: Ireland and Scotland Tours 2024 v1
Dive right into history, culture and spectacular scenery on this immersive England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland trip. Step in the shoes of Highland warriors, 12th-century monks and welcoming, warm Irish locals who'll share the beauty and stories of their islands just for you.
- Explore London, Edinburgh, the Isle of Skye, Dublin and Cobh with a Local Specialist
- Discover York, Glasgow, Chester, Galway, Cork, Cardiff, Bath and Plymouth
- Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Edinburgh Castle, Isle of Skye, the Necropolis in Glasgow, the Guinness Storehouse, EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum, Blarney Castle, the Waterford Crystal Showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath, Glastonbury Abbey, the fishing village of Polperro and Stonehenge
- View Eilean Donan Castle, Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage, York Minster and the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth
- See Galway Cathedral and the Principality Stadium in Cardiff
- Scenic Drive around the Ring of Kerry
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- York: Your Travel Director will show you the York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles during your orientation of the city.
- Jedburgh: See the impressive 12th-century Jedburgh Abbey that dominates the centre of town.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Specialist as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the King, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit Pitlochry, famous for its salmon leap.
- Eilean Donan: Stop for a photo of this gorgeous castle.
- Isle of Skye: View the Cuillin Mountains on a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist.
- Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings of Glasgow, including George Square and St. Mungo's Cathedral.
- Lake District: Drive through the hauntingly beautiful Lakes District, immortalised by literary greats of the Romantic Movement.
- Chester: See the Jubilee Clock, cathedral, city walls, and famous black and white Rows.
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Galway: Explore the historic heart of Galway. See landmarks such as the Spanish Arch and the cathedral, or perhaps admire the distinctive Claddagh rings.
- Ring of Kerry: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts! Visit Blarney Castle and see the famous Stone of Eloquence.
- Cobh: Join a Local Specialist on a walking tour through the historic port city of Cobh.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales' capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- Bath: Admire UNESCO-listed Bath, with its elegant Georgian facades and the bimillenial Roman Baths from which the city takes its name.
- Glastonbury: Visit the historic Glastonbury Abbey. Founded in the 7th century, its ruins are now registered as a Grade I listed building.
- Plymouth: During an orientation tour with your Travel Director, see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel before continuing to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps.
- Polperro: Visit the picturesque harbour of Polperro's Heritage Coastline.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
- Glasgow: Visit the Necropolis in Glasgow, one of Europe's most significant burial grounds.
- Dublin: Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world's most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness.
- Waterford: Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Hesket Newmarket: Meet Christine and enjoy a few hours of Cumbria farm-life with a traditional Be My Guest lunch and some Highland cow company thrown in for good measure.
- Cork: Discover centuries of tumultuous history staying at the Maldron Shandon hotel, a building that has survived wars, fires and threats of demolition to become the grand hotel it is today.
- All transport and transfers shown
- London: The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- London: Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return ferry across the Irish Sea between Wales and Ireland
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17817005
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2024
- 19 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Arrive London: Welcome to the multicultural melting pot that is London - its culture and heritage shaped by the nations that once contributed to its great empire are found around every turn. Spend your day easing into the energy of a cosmopolitan city that effortlessly blends old and new and is the perfect springboard to a grand adventure through Britain and Ireland.
Park Plaza Riverbank
|Discover Historic London: Join your Local Specialist today to see the iconic sights, including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, meandering through the picturesque Royal Parks, shopping for the best of British wares on Carnaby Street or delving into natural history and royal heritage at one of the many fascinating museums.
Park Plaza Riverbank
|Stratford-upon-Avon and on to York
|Journey to Stratford-upon-Avon and on to York: Meet your Travel Director this morning and travel to Stratford-upon-Avon. Venture through the lush green countryside of Warwickshire to Stratford-upon-Avon to delve into the lyrical legacy of one of the world's favourite writers. Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre and see Anne Hathaway's cottage, before arriving in York. Wander along its cobbled Shambles and ancient city walls, and see the magnificent York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening, we join our Travel Director and travel companions for a delicious Yorkshire dinner in our hotel.
|Continue through Northumberland to Edinburgh
|Continue through Northumberland to Edinburgh: Journeying through Northumberland National Park's dramatic landscapes, we arrive at the remarkably intact ruins of the 12th-century Jedburgh Abbey en route to the enchanting Scottish capital, Edinburgh. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
|Discover Enchanting Edinburgh: Join your Local Specialist this morning for a sightseeing tour through Auld Reekie's elegant New Town, Princes Street and the Royal Mile, enjoying views of the exquisite Palace of Holyroodhouse and Arthur's Seat. Embark on a guided visit of Edinburgh Castle, perched atop Castle Rock. Later, consider a traditional Scottish night out this evening, savouring up the flavours of haggis and exhilarating sounds of bagpipes which fill the air.
|Venture into the Scottish Highlands
|Venture into the Scottish Highlands: Today, we travel across the Firth of Forth to St. Andrews to view its celebrated ancient university and explore centuries of golf heritage. Our next stop is Pitlochry on the banks of the Tummel River. You could choose to join an Optional Experience to visit Blair Castle, the ancestral home to the Dukes of Atholl. We continue to the Scottish Highlands, our home for two nights.
|Isle of Skye
|Explore the Isle of Skye: Drive to the rugged coast of Scotland this morning, passing scenic Eilean Donan Castle. We cross to the Isle of Skye, admire the spectacular scenery before enjoying free time for lunch. A Local Specialist will take us on a journey to admire the remarkable Cuillin Mountain. Cross back to the mainland and continue past the lochs and glens of the Scottish Highlands.
|Loch Lomond and Glasgow's Rich Legacy
|Onwards to Loch Lomond and Glasgow's Rich Legacy Dive Into Culture: Our first stop today is the World War II Commando Memorial, near Fort William, for views of Britain's highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Continue south through the 'Glen of Weeping', paying tribute to the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred for failing to pledge allegiance to Scotland's new monarchs. Arriving in Glasgow, we enjoy an orientation tour including views of the Cathedral and magnificent George Square. We'll also visit the Necropolis where we'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into one of Europe's most important 19th-century burial grounds.
|Through the Lake District to Liverpool
|Through the Lake District to Liverpool Connect with Locals: Cross the border into England and Connect With Locals, joining farmer John and his wife Christine on their Cumbrian working farm for a Be My Guest experience. Learn about traditional farming methods and enjoy lunch before continuing your journey through the beautiful Lake District and its landscapes that have inspired poets and painters for centuries. See Lake Windermere, England's largest lake, before travelling to Liverpool, the haunt of Britain's 'Fab Four'.
Mercure Atlantic Tower
|Across the Irish Sea to Dublin: The half-timbered Tudor Rows in Chester are our first stop today as we travel to Holyhead in North Wales to catch our ferry across the Irish Sea to Dublin. Soak up Irish hospitality and delicious local flavours during a Regional Dinner at EPIC - the Irish Emigration Museum.
|Admire Dublin's Iconic Sights Dive Into Culture: Dive Into Culture and visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn about Ireland's famous brew, before delving into Dublin's iconic sights with a Local Specialist. See Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral and the stately Georgian Squares. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure or consider an Optional Experience at an Irish Cabaret.
|On to Galway and Limerick
|On to Galway and Limerick: Journey to the West Coast and the vibrant cultural centre of Galway, where you will have an opportunity to see Galway Cathedral and Eyre Square, with its tribute to former US president John F. Kennedy, before travelling to Limerick.
|Circle the Ring of Kerry and on to Cork Stays With Stories: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world, circling the spectacular Ring of Kerry. Later, we check into our Stays With Stories hotel, the historic Maldron Shandon. Originally Cork's first general hospital opened in 1720, the building has a colourful history that has seen it survive wars, political upheaval, fire and calls for it to be demolished before it opened its doors as a grand hotel.
|The Sights of Blarney, Waterford and Wexford
|The Sights of Blarney, Waterford and Wexford Dive Into Culture: In the pursuit of acquiring the 'gift of the gab', we visit Blarney Castle where you might kiss the famous Blarney Stone, before stopping in Cobh for a walking tour with a Local Specialist. This seaside city was the final port of call for the tragic Titanic on its fateful voyage. This afternoon, we Dive Into Culture during a visit to the House of Waterford Crystal and witness talented master craftsmen at work.
|Ferry across to Cardiff
|Ferry across to Cardiff: We cross the Irish Sea to Wales and its capital, Cardiff, where we will see the Principality Stadium and view the Millennium Centre, National Assembly and Cardiff Castle.
|Bath, Glastonbury and Plymouth
|Enjoy Bath, Glastonbury and Plymouth: Cross the Severn Estuary to Bath, so named for the ancient Roman Baths that have made the city a popular retreat for centuries. Admire the elegant Georgian facades and visit the Roman Baths, before some free time to explore on your own. We wind our way to mystical Glastonbury to visit the 7th-century Abbey where King Arthur is believed to be buried. Later, we arrive in the city of Plymouth, our home for two nights.
Copthorne, Mercure Rougemont
|A Day Exploring Coastal Villages: The springboard to a 'New World' takes centre stage as we start our day with an orientation of Plymouth. View the Mayflower Steps, where brave pilgrims embarked on their epic voyage to America, and see the Royal Citadel overlooking Plymouth Sound. Visit the fishing village of Polperro with its narrow streets and picturesque harbour, before enjoying a scenic drive through the brooding landscapes of Dartmoor, keeping a keen eye out for the area's wild ponies. Our epic adventure through Britain and Ireland almost at its end, we join our travel companions and Travel Director for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
Copthorne, Mercure Rougemont
|Prehistoric Stonehenge and return to London
|Journey to Prehistoric Stonehenge and return to London: Meander across the Salisbury Plain and visit the mystical ancient monoliths of Stonehenge, whose myths have yet to be fully revealed. We journey back to London this afternoon where we spend our final evening at leisure.
Park Plaza Riverbank
|Cheerio London: Say a fond farewell to Britain and Ireland as you prepare to return home with treasured memories of your trip.
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class