Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2024 v1
Experience the Italian way of life on this Italy trip featuring all the main highlights and some surprises. Enjoy a sunset feast in the shadow of olive groves in a local family's home, unearth the secrets of Pompeii frozen in time and soak up sophistication on the Isle of Capri.
- Explore Rome, Pompeii, Capri and Florence with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amalfi Town and Venice
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum in Rome, the ruins of Pompeii, the Commonwealth War Cemetery in Cassino and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- View the ancient sites in Rome, the Benedictine Abbey in Cassino, the Duomo in Florence and St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- Scenic Cruise to the Isle of Capri and by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- Rome: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Pieta.
- Rome: Visit the Colosseum, still echoing with the thronging crowds and ghostly cries of gladiatorial combat.
- Monte Cassino: View the abbey on Monte Cassino, founded by Saint Benedict in 529.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Specialist through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Capri: Join a Local Specialist on a walk through elegant Capri to gain insight into the island's local culture and historic landmarks.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this seaside town. See the pastel rainbow of colourful houses precariously stacked upon one another as if cascading from the hilltop to the water.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Venice: Discover Venice with a Local Specialist. The construction of this fascinating city started in the 5th century after the fall of the Roman Empire. Also known as 'The City of Canals', Venice is one of Italy's most picturesque and intriguing destinations, with a beautiful surprise around every corner.
- Florence: The Pazzi and de Medici feud is brought to light in this visit to the 12th-century Castle of Trebbio where you will enjoy a traditional Tuscan Be My Guest buffet, explore the cellars, and indulge in olive oil and wine tasting.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return cruise to the Isle of Capri
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17458390
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2023
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Ciao Rome: Embrace excess on this leisurely jaunt through the highlights of Italy, which begins in Rome. Spend the day soaking up its vibrant atmosphere before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a Welcome Reception. We enjoy a leisurely orientation through the city this evening, venturing into Ancient Rome before our journey through Italy begins.|
|Day 2||Rome||Discover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Explore Vatican City this morning with a Local Specialist who will reveal all the highlights of St. Peter's Basilica. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to visit the awe-inspiring Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We continue to Ancient Rome next, to admire where exhilarating chariot races were once held, and visit to the imposing Colosseum. Enjoy some free time this afternoon to explore on your own. From Roman ruins to Renaissance palazzi - Rome has it all.|
|Day 3||Rome||Rome Your Way: Discover why the Italians say 'it is sweet doing nothing', spending your day watching Rome's beautiful people embrace life lived to its fullest in the exquisite city. Delve into its treasures spanning millennia - the museums, churches, gardens and architecture that remain as enduring symbols of a powerful city. Or perhaps consider an Optional Experience to Tivoli, site of the magnificent Villa d'Este Gardens.|
|Day 4||Ruins of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast||Explore the Ruins of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast: Today we pay homage to the thousands of brave souls whose final resting place is the Commonwealth War Cemetery in Cassino. View the 6th-century Abbey that was destroyed during World War II, before venturing south to Pompeii, a city frozen in time. Join a Local Specialist through the excavations that yield the tragic story of a once vibrant city engulfed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Wander down the stone avenues past such sights as the Forum and Temple of Apollo. We arrive later at our hotel on the iconic Mediterranean Amalfi Coast where we'll dine tonight.|
San Pietro Maiori
|Day 5||Amalfi Coast||Scenic Amalfi Coast Your Way: Indulge in a full free day at leisure. Consider joining an Optional Experience along the Amalfi Coast to the beautiful seaside village of Positano, a true painter's paradise. You could also choose to soak up the extraordinary beauty of the village of Ravello which has long inspired musicians, writers and artists. Smell the fresh scents of lemons as you relax in this picture-perfect setting. After a day of sightseeing, perhaps you could spend a relaxing evening sipping limoncello and watching the Mediterranean sky light up in glorious pinks, yellows and blues.|
San Pietro Maiori
|Day 6||Experience the Isle of Capri||Experience the Isle of Capri: This morning we journey along the coast to the medieval town of Amalfi. See the 10th-century Romanesque Cathedral of Sant'Andrea and the Campanile, before setting sail to the glamorous island of Capri. On arrival, ascend to Capri town by funicular for a guided walking tour with a Local Specialist who will share views of the piazzetta - the heart and soul of this beautiful town. Later, we return to the mainland.|
San Pietro Maiori
|Day 7||Florence||Journey to Florence: From the Amalfi Coast, we travel north through the rolling green and golden landscape of Umbria into scenic Tuscany before arriving in the Renaissance city of Florence. You'll have a free evening to amble along the Arno River, admire the famous city skyline at night from Piazzale Michelangelo, or indulge in the finest antipasti in town.|
|Day 8||Florence||Florence Your Way Make Travel Matter Connect with Locals: Delve into the history of a city renowned for its art, architecture and cultural treasures. Join your Local Specialist for a walking tour, including views of the exquisite marble Duomo, Baptistery and Ponte Vecchio. Wander through the Piazza della Signoria, the centre of Florentine political life since the 14th century with its prominent Palazzo Vecchio. Learn about the quality and workmanship of two of this city's historic industries at demonstrations of Florentine leathercraft and 18-carat gold. This evening you'll Connect With Locals at the Trebbio Castle over an exclusive Be My Guest dinner with your warm hosts, the Baj-Macario family. It's hard to believe that a vicious plot was hatched against the backdrop of these tranquil Tuscan vineyards and olive groves, but you'll learn all about it as well as how your visit is helping the family to run the estate in harmony with nature.|
|Day 9||Venice||Venture to Venice: After a leisurely start to the day, continue north, bound for Venice, the 'Queen of the Adriatic' and our home for the next two nights.|
|Day 10||Venice||Cruise the Canals of Venice Make Travel Matter: We cruise by private launch past many of the city's most prominent sights, enjoying views of the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace. Next up is an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience where you'll witness first-hand the intricate craft of glassblowing. Watch how master craftsmen use the same techniques their forefathers did to shape the delicate glassworks for which Venice has become justifiably famous, perhaps choosing to buy a souvenir of your own. Inspired by the artistry you've just witnessed, you'll soak up the pageantry and elegance of Venice on your own terms before enjoying a Farewell Dinner with our Travel Director and newfound friends to toast to the delicious flavours of Italy.|
|Day 11||Journey Home||Journey Home: For now our leisurely encounter with an extraordinary destination has come to an end. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class