Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2024 v1
Every day is an adventure on this Spain, Portugal and Morocco trip, whether you're enjoying a traditional barbeque with the Albaserrada family at their farm in Andalusia, celebrating Portugal's proud seafaring heritage or venturing deep within the ancient Medina of Fes to find treasures to take home.
- Explore Madrid, Toledo, Marrakesh, Fes, Seville and Lisbon with a Local Specialist
- Discover Casablanca, Rabat, Tangier, Fatima and Salamanca
- Visit the Synagogue and Santo Tome in Toledo, the Alhambra in Granada, Bahia Palace and a Moroccan pharmacy in Marrakesh, the Cathedral in Seville, the Hieronymite Monastery in Lisbon and Plaza Mayor in Salamanca
- View the Royal Palace in Rabat, the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, the Belem Tower in Lisbon and the Shrine at Fatima
- Madrid: Drive through central Madrid and see some of the city's famous features during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Specialist. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the Cibeles fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace.
- Toledo: Explore this magnificent ancient city with your Local Specialist and visit the Church of Santo Tome to see an El Greco masterpiece.
- Granada: Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. Explore with a Local Specialist keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
- Casablanca: See the Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche.
- Rabat: See the Mohammed V Mausoleum, a masterpiece of traditional Moroccan art and one of the very few Islamic religious buildings open to non-Muslims.
- Marrakesh: Your Local Specialist guides you past Jemaa el-Fnaa Square with its intriguing characters, and through the seemingly entangled streets of the Medina with its many souks.
- Fes: Led by your Local Specialist, wander the maze of streets in Fes' ancient Medina. Witness hidden courtyards, mosques and workshops before continuing through the souks, an array of vendors selling food, clothes, leather goods and traditional handicrafts.
- Seville: Guided by your Local Specialist, see the Giralda Tower, former minaret of the Great Mosque and now the cathedral's belltower. Explore the narrow streets of the Santa Cruz Quarter and emerge by the great walls of the Alcazar.
- Lisbon: Explore with your Local Specialist, from the Lower Town, beneath the hilltop Bairro Alto to the Terreiro do Paco. Visit the Belem Quarter to see the modern Monument to the Discoveries and the medieval Belem Tower.
- Fatima: Join the faithful at one of the world's holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions or see the basilica.
- Salamanca: See the Salamanca's golden Plaza Mayor, voted one of the most beautiful central plazas in Spain.
- Toledo: The invincible swords of Toledo have defended cities for centuries. Visit an inlaid steel factory in Toledo to see local craftsmen forging the highest quality steel.
- Marrakesh: Visit a Moroccan pharmacy to learn about local healing creams and cosmetics made from regional ingredients.
- Lisbon: Visit the Hieronymite Monastery, a former monastery of the Order of Saint Jerome and exquisite example of Manueline architecture.
- Tangier: Immerse yourself in the proud heritage of El Minzah Hotel, a famous Hispano-Moorish hotel in the heart of the city commissioned by the fourth Marquis of Bute in the 1930s.
- Seville: Visit a horse ranch in the Andalusian countryside near the whitewashed village of Gerida, where you'll enjoy a Be My Guest dinner of traditional Sevillano cuisine.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return ferry crossings between Spain and Morocco
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16973825
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Hola Madrid: Colour outside the lines on this unforgettable encounter with the intoxicating lands of Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Kick off your unforgettable journey in the fiery Spanish capital of Madrid. Explore the city's vibrant streets, before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive past some of the city's most iconic sites.|
|Day 2||Madrid||Explore Fiery Madrid: Join your Local Specialist on this day of discovery, which includes views of the iconic Cibeles fountain and Paseo de la Castellana. Admire the Royal Palace and Retiro Park, originally created as a retreat for the royal family, before spending the rest of the day at leisure indulging in la buena vida. Consider an Optional Experience to the medieval UNESCO-listed city of Segovia or encounter the greatest collection of Spanish art in the world at El Prado.|
|Day 3||Toledo and Granada||Onwards to Toledo and Granada Dive Into Culture: Witness the influence of Christians, Muslims and Jews that has spanned centuries in the imperial city of Toledo. Join your Local Specialist for a walking tour, during which you'll visit the Church of Santo Tome, home to El Greco's most famous paintings - 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz'. Then, visit the synagogue of Santa Maria La Blanca, the oldest one still standing in Europe. Celebrate the tradition of steel and Damascene manufacturing and moulding as you Dive Into Culture at a local workshop before your journey continues through the soul-stirring Andalusian landscape to Granada, where we'll spend the night.|
|Day 4||Sunny Costa del Sol||Journey to the Sunny Costa del Sol: Tread in the footsteps of Spain's last emirs and admire the impressive palatial city of the Alhambra, a collection of palaces and fortresses dating from the 12th century. Said to have been inspired by poetry and reflecting the description of paradise found in Islamic verse. Join a Local Specialist for a guided visit exploring its intricate designs, tranquil gardens and colossal walls. We leave this 'paradise on earth' behind and continue to the Costa del Sol.|
|Day 5||Fes||Cross the Strait of Gibraltar to Fes Stays With Stories: We travel along the sun-kissed shores of the Mediterranean and cross to North Africa by ferry. A memorable drive past the Rif Mountains brings us to Fes, a storied hub of traditional craftsmanship and our home for the next two nights.|
Marriott Jnan Palace
|Day 6||The Medina and More in Fes||The Medina and More in Fes: Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour through the cultural and spiritual centre of Morocco. Stroll through the Medina of Fes, view its fortifications and Royal Palace, and admire traditional Moroccan handiwork during a visit to a carpet cooperative. Spend the rest of your afternoon at leisure. Tonight, maybe join an Optional Experience Arabian dinner in a traditional riad - a night of heartfelt local entertainment, including belly dancing, awaits.|
Marriott Jnan Palace
|Day 7||Marrakesh||Off to Vibrant Marrakesh: Departing Fes, we journey west through the golden landscape which turns to rusty red, bound for vibrant Marrakesh. Past and present collide in the world-famous Jemaa el-Fnaa Square. Embrace the unrivalled energy of this cultural and economic hub.|
Le Meridien N'Fis
|Day 8||Marrakesh||Discover Marrakesh Dive Into Culture: Visit the elegant Bahia Palace during your walking tour with a Local Specialist. See Jemaa el-Fnaa Square in the Old Quarter with its palm-readers, acrobats and snake charmers. Visit a traditional Moroccan pharmacy and Dive Into Culture, gaining insights into the blending of creams and cosmetics using regional ingredients. The rest of the day is yours to explore. Don't miss the chance to shop for bargains in the souks (markets) and bazaars, or perhaps visit a local Berber village.|
Le Meridien N'Fis
|Day 9||Casablanca and Tangier||Continue to Casablanca and Tangier: We journey north to Casablanca and enjoy views of the Hassan II Mosque, with the world's tallest minaret, before arriving in the country's capital city. Stop at the opulent Mohammed V Mausoleum and admire Rabat's cityscape, its historic and modern centers traversed by the Bou Regreg River below. Continue to Tangier, a gateway between Africa and Europe as prominent today as in Phoenician times. Our unique Stays With Stories this evening is the sumptuous El Minzah, an icon of the city overlooking the Bay of Tangiers and the sparkling Mediterranean beyond. The grand property, built in the Spanish-Moorish style in 1930, has welcomed the rich and famous over the past century. You'll get to experience its warm hospitality for yourself as you contemplate the building's colourful history.|
|Day 10||Sail the Strait to Seville||Sail the Strait to Seville: Crossing the Strait of Gibraltar by ferry, we return to Spain and journey past the region of Jerez, renowned as the origin of Spanish sherry. We drive through Andalucia and arrive in Seville. What better way to experience this lively city than witnessing the passion of flamenco? Immerse yourself in the spectacle of colourful swirling skirts and fervent rhythm of castanets during an unforgettable optional Flamenco performance this evening.|
|Day 11||Seville||Explore Spectacular Seville Connect with Locals: Join your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour which will take you past the iconic Giralda Bell Tower. Admire the tiled fountains and pavilions in the Maria Luisa Park, the showcase for the Ibero-American Exhibition in 1929, and visit the imposing Plaza de Espana. Visit the ornate tomb of Christopher Columbus in the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world, then enjoy a walk through the lovely historic Jewish Quarter. Meet the Albaserrada family and their horses on their farm in the Andalusian countryside near the whitewashed village of Gerena. Here you'll enjoy a Be My Guest experience as you Connect With Locals over a dinner featuring fresh regional ingredients and the local sangria.|
|Day 12||Lisbon||Venture to Lisbon Dive Into Culture: Your panoramic journey continues through the province of Huelva, famous for Jabugo jamon and the Rio Tinto mines. We cross into the golden fields of the Alentejo region, bound for Lisbon, the gastronomic soul of Portugal. See the gleaming Monument to the Discoveries, the suspension bridge spanning the River Tagus and Belem Tower, once the ceremonial gateway to Lisbon. Then, join your Local Specialist for a city tour of Lisbon then Dive Into Culture on a sightseeing tour of the UNESCO-listed Hieronymite Monastery built in the 16th century.|
Olissippo Marques de Sa, Olissippo Oriente
|Day 13||Lisbon||Lisbon Your Way: Explore the centuries-old seafaring heritage of the Portuguese, paying tribute to the great explorers who bravely set off from Portugal's shores to discover the 'New World' during your free time today. Consider an Optional Experience to discover Portugal's 'Golden Triangle' of Sintra, Cascais and the Estoril coast.|
Olissippo Marques de Sa, Olissippo Oriente
|Day 14||Salamanca||Pilgrimage to Fatima and on to Salamanca: We trace the path of pilgrims, who for decades have ventured north to the shrine at Fatima to pray to the Virgin Mary, and see the site of a celebrated religious miracle. Departing Portugal, we arrive in the historic university city of Salamanca - La Dorada, so named for its golden, orange and pink facades, which we will have an opportunity to see in the magnificent Plaza Mayor - voted by the locals as the most beautiful of all squares in Spain.|
Gran Corona Sol
|Day 15||Madrid||Return to Madrid: Traversing the dramatic Sierra de Guadarrama Mountains, we arrive in Madrid, Europe's highest capital. Spend this afternoon exploring the sights. Indulge in some last-minute shopping on Gran Via or relax in one of the plazas and people watch. This evening we join our travel companions and Travel Director for a memorable Farewell Dinner.|
NH Collection Eurobuilding
|Day 16||Journey Home||Journey Home: Our epic journey through Spain, Morocco and Portugal comes to an end this morning. All that's left is to say a fond farewell to your newfound friends and an unforgettable experience shared. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class