Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2024 v1
The tring-tring of bicycles sounds the start of your European Whirl. Kick back on the canals of Amsterdam and Venice, in the quiet lakeside beauty of Lucerne and among the Tuscan hills near Florence, with flavours of Italian Chianti setting the tone for an unforgettable trip.
- Explore London, Rome, Florence and Paris with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Munich, Innsbruck, Venice and Lucerne
- Visit a glassblowing factory in Venice and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome
- View the canals in Amsterdam, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck, St. Mark's Square in Venice, the ancient sites in Rome, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne and the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- See the Lorelei Rock and the vineyards of Burgundy
- Scenic Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam, the Rhine River and by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- Amsterdam: Led by your Travel Director, wander the city to see the floating flower market, Dam Square and the Royal Palace.
- Rhineland: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.
- Heidelberg: Explore one of Germany's most enchanting cities during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbrauhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Innsbruck: Nestled amidst majestic mountains, Innsbruck is a beautiful city offering a unique combination of nature, history, and culture. Stroll the streets of the picturesque Old Town and learn about its history with your Travel Director.
- Venice: Discover Venice with a Local Specialist. The construction of this fascinating city started in the 5th century after the fall of the Roman Empire. Also known as 'The City of Canals', Venice is one of Italy's most picturesque and intriguing destinations, with a beautiful surprise around every corner.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Pieta.
- Rome: Visit the Colosseum, still echoing with the thronging crowds and ghostly cries of gladiatorial combat.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Switzerland: Marvel at the Alpine landscape as you drive past breathtakingly beautiful mountains and valleys.
- Lucerne: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe.
- Paris: Join a Local Specialist to discover the hidden squares and secret lanes of Paris.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- Florence: Eight generations of history with plenty of stories to tell. Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest lunch with the Landi family at their home near Florence, set within a garden of oak trees against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Eurostar high-speed train from London to Brussels
- Optional Experiences and free time
- London: The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel
- Eurostar high-speed train from Paris to London
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16973786
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: The vibrant British capital where you will spend the next two nights, enjoying the pomp and pageantry of a city that effortlessly combines old and new.|
|Day 2||London||Discover Historic London: Join a Local Specialist this morning for a tour to see the iconic sites of London, including Big Ben, the imposing Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Spend a leisurely afternoon shopping on Carnaby Street, consider visiting one of London's museums or wander along the Thames watching ambitious Londoners pound the pavements.|
|Day 3||Amsterdam||Eurostar to Brussels and on to Amsterdam: This morning we meet our Travel Director before travelling to London's St. Pancras International where we will board the Eurostar for a high-speed train journey to Brussels and a luxury coach journey to Amsterdam. Enjoy an orientation of this historic Dutch city before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception dinner cruise on its canals.|
|Day 4||Rhineland and a Scenic Cruise||Journey to the Rhineland and a Scenic Cruise: Driving through the lush landscapes of the Netherlands and Germany, we arrive in Boppard where we board a cruise along the Rhine to St. Goar, passing vineyard-clad hills and medieval castles perched above riverside towns. Arriving in the Baroque city of Heidelberg, we explore its unexpected highlights before travelling to our Rhineland hotel.|
|Day 5||Innsbruck||Off to Innsbruck: Crossing the Swabian Alps on the edge of the Black Forest, we arrive in the Bavarian capital of Munich. Our orientation takes us past the Hofbrauhaus, reputedly the most famous Beerhall in the world, and the neo-Gothic Town Hall which dominates the Marienplatz. We cross the Austrian border next, arriving in Innsbruck, the capital of the Alps. Admire the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture of the Old Town, including Emperor Maximilian's famous Golden Roof with its ornate facade and consider an evening of traditional Tyrolean entertainment.|
|Day 6||Venice||Onwards to the Canals of Venice Make Travel Matter: Journey through the emerald-green landscape along the Brenner Pass into Italy and across the Dolomite Mountains to Venice. We cruise the beautiful Venetian lagoon by private launch to the gateway of Venice, St. Mark's Square. View the ornate Doge's Palace and the Bridge of Sighs, so named for the sound made by condemned prisoners as they took one last longing look at their beautiful city before meeting their fate. Enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience where you'll witness the centuries-old craft of Venetian glassblowing. You'll learn how the master craftsmen shape the molten glass to make the exquisite and delicate works of art that adorn homes all over the world and perhaps be inspired to buy your own souvenir as a reminder of this special visit. There's time later to enjoy the city your way. Get lost in Venice, cross bridges and discover hidden campi where locals share their daily stories over a glass of Venetian Spritz.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 7||Rome||All Roads Lead to Rome Connect with Locals: Travel south across the Veneto Plain, passing Bologna and the dramatic Apennine Mountains as well as the green and golden fields of Lazio before reaching Rome, the 'Eternal City'. En route, we Connect With Locals over lunch at a Be My Guest experience and enjoy true Tuscan hospitality with a local family on their private estate in the Chianti countryside.|
A. Roma Lifestyle
|Day 8||Rome||Discover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Our first stop today sees us discover the divine beauty of the Vatican City. We'll visit St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist to view Michelangelo's Renaissance masterpiece, the Pieta. We continue to Ancient Rome to view the iconic Colosseum and Circus Maximus, once the site of exhilarating chariot races centuries ago. The afternoon is yours to explore the city on your terms. Sit on the Spanish Steps savouring a tasty gelato, shop up a storm on the trendy Via Condotti or perhaps join an Optional Experience to see the magnificent frescoed ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.|
A. Roma Lifestyle
|Day 9||Florence||Continue to Renaissance Florence: From Rome, we travel north through the rolling countryside of Tuscany and along the Arno valley to the 'Cradle of the Renaissance', Florence. Delve into the rich Medici heritage of this beautiful medieval city with your Local Specialist. Visit what was once the political hub of the city, Piazza della Signoria, with its impressive sculptures and stunning palazzi. View the imposing Duomo, crowned by Brunelleschi's dome, and the Baptistery, renowned for its sculptured bronze doors.|
|Day 10||Lucerne||Across the Alps to Lucerne: Drive via the scenic Italian Lakes District, across the Alps into beautiful Switzerland, where we'll spend the next two nights in the medieval lakeside city of Lucerne.|
|Day 11||Lucerne||Explore Lucerne: This morning, view the mournful, mortally wounded lion hewn from rock to commemorate the Swiss Guards who lost their lives defending Louis XVI. Walk along the flower-lined 14th-century covered Chapel Bridge, crossing the river Reuss. Or join an exciting Optional Experience to one of the surrounding peaks for breathtaking views of the Swiss countryside. We have some time later to discover the best Swiss chocolates in town.|
|Day 12||On to Captivating Paris||On to Captivating Paris: Crossing the border into France this morning, we travel past the picturesque vineyards and country towns of Burgundy en route to the 'City of Lights'. Spend some time this evening strolling along the Seine and grand boulevards in search of a cosy bistro for fine French cuisine or consider an Optional Experience to a colourful Parisian cabaret.|
|Day 13||Paris||Discover the Sights of Paris: Join a Local Specialist today for a sightseeing tour of this romantic city. View the sophisticated Champs-Elysees, Place de la Concorde, the 19th-century Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought for France, and Notre Dame Cathedral, then enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. Our European Whirl is almost at its end, we spend the evening with fellow travellers and our Travel Director, enjoying a Farewell Dinner in a local bistro.|
|Day 14||London||Catch the Eurostar to London: Transfers are provided to Paris Gare du Nord station, where you'll board the Eurostar train to London. The journey time to London St. Pancras International is 2 hours and 20 minutes. On arrival in London, you are met and transferred to your hotel.|
|Day 15||Journey Home||Journey Home: Enjoy an English breakfast at the end of your holiday.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class