Brochure Type: Ireland and Scotland Tours 2024 v1
An in-depth encounter with the Best of Ireland awaits, from spectacular sights like the Cliffs of Moher and Ring of Kerry to the past and present showcased in Dublin, Galway and pretty Adare. You'll learn all about Irish famine history, former kings and how to embrace the craic.
- Explore Dublin with a Local Specialist
- Discover Waterford, Killarney, Limerick and Galway
- Visit St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, the Dunbrody Famine Ship in New Ross, the crystal showroom at Waterford, Blarney Castle to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', Adare, Bunratty Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara and Kylemore Abbey
- View King John's Castle in Limerick and the Marian Shrine in Knock
- See St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick and Galway Cathedral
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts! Visit Blarney Castle and see the famous Stone of Eloquence.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Limerick: See Limerick's iconic landmarks during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Bunratty: Visit the impeccably-preserved Bunratty Castle and Folk Park.
- Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden: Visit the turreted Neo-Gothic Kylemore Abbey. This monastery was founded in 1920 for Benedictine Nuns who fled Belgium in World War I.
- Knock: In the pilgrimage town of Knock, visit the beautiful Marian Shrine, where the Virgin Mary, Saint Joseph and John the Evangelist are said to have appeared to the townsfolk in 1879.
- Wexford: Enjoy a visit to a seal rescue centre and learn how injured seals from the coast of Ireland are rehabilitated into the wild.
- New Ross: Explore the tragic history of Ireland's famine emigration at the Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience, a replica of one of the original ships used in the 1800s.
- Waterford: Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Westport: Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest High Tea hosted in the Drawing Room of a stately 18th-century home near the charming town of Westport.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16973759
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Ireland||Welcome to Ireland: Write your own lively tale of legends and iconic landscapes during this epic encounter with Ireland's treasures. We begin our journey in the whimsical capital of Dublin, joining a Local Specialist to see the sights. Irish history takes centre stage this evening as we visit St. Patrick's Cathedral, one of the few buildings of medieval Dublin still left standing, for a Welcome Reception with your fellow travellers and Travel Director. You'll get a taste for the centuries of history you're about to explore first-hand, learning how the very place you're standing in has played an integral role in Ireland's history for over eight centuries and how its most prominent office holder was none other than Jonathan Swift, the famous author.|
Hilton Garden Inn
|Day 2||Waterford||Through the Scenic County Wicklow to Waterford Dive Into Culture: Journey through the scenic countryside of County Wicklow, 'The Garden of Ireland', and on to New Ross - the ancestral home town of John F. Kennedy. Stop at a seal rescue centre for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience. Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the plight of the starving Irish emigrants who boarded the Dunbrody Famine Ship to flee the potato famine. We continue to Waterford, where we'll stay overnight. This afternoon, we celebrate the centuries-old craft of flint glass creations, as we Dive Into Culture at the House of Waterford Crystal and witness talented master craftsmen at work.|
|Day 3||Killarney||Journey to Blarney and on to Killarney: Today, we travel through County Cork and pursue the 'gift of the gab' at Blarney Castle, where you'll have a chance to kiss the famous stone. Arrive in Killarney for a two-night stay.|
Killarney Towers, Hotel Killarney
|Day 4||Ring of Kerry||A Day on the Ring of Kerry: Ireland's soul-stirring Ring of Kerry takes centre stage today as we embark on a scenic drive past its mountains, lakes and lush green countryside - unquestionably one of the most scenic routes in Ireland. We'll see Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley, whose remoteness saw it become the last area in Ireland to receive electricity.|
Killarney Towers, Hotel Killarney
|Day 5||Limerick||Onwards to Lively Limerick: We continue through the windswept countryside, arriving in Adare, one of the prettiest villages in Ireland. On arrival in Limerick, we will enjoy views of St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and the 13th-century King John's Castle during an orientation tour. Delve into an Ireland of old, as you discover the day-to-day life of the Irish during the 18th and 19th centuries on your included visit to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park this afternoon.|
Greenhills, The Inn at Dromoland
|Day 6||Galway||Admire the Cliffs of Moher and Onwards to Galway: The sheer Cliffs of Moher plunge dramatically into the Atlantic Ocean, providing endless ocean views and wonderful photographic opportunities during your experience at this UNESCO-listed highlight along the Wild Atlantic Way. You'll be enchanted by its irresistible landscapes, but more so the interactive visitor centre which will bring the whole experience to life from the perspective of the resident wildlife that find sanctuary here. Later, we arrive in Galway with some time at leisure to see its beautiful stone Cathedral or stroll through Eyre Square.|
|Day 7||Connemara||A Day Exploring Stunning Connemara: Connemara's 'savage beauty' is yours to explore today as we tread in the footsteps of Oscar Wilde who described its 'wild and mountainous splendour' as magnificent. Admire the views on the scenic drive to Kylemore Abbey, now a Benedictine monastery, where we will embark on an included visit to the country's most romantic castle and walk through its exquisite Victorian Walled Garden.|
|Day 8||Sligo||A Pilgrimage to Knock and on to Sligo Connect with Locals: Our journey takes us to Westport House where we'll Connect With Locals and indulge in a memorable Be My Guest experience with tales of the Pirate Queen, and enjoy Banoffee and Baileys flavours in the Drawing Room of this stately 18th-century home. Heading north, we stop in the pilgrimage town of Knock to view the Marian Shrine where villagers witnessed an apparition of Our Lady in 1879. We arrive in Sligo this evening, our home for the night.|
|Day 9||Dublin||Return to Lively Dublin: Our journey continues south to Dublin. Here we'll enjoy some free time to take a walk down Grafton Street or stroll along the Liffey. This evening, we close the chapter on an epic journey through Ireland, joining our fellow travellers for a memorable Farewell Dinner.|
Clayton Dublin Airport
|Day 10||Ireland||Farewell Ireland: After a hearty Irish breakfast, we bid our Travel Director and fellow travellers a fond farewell as our Irish holiday comes to an end. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class