Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2023 v2
Don't miss a thing as you explore the Best of Spain, featuring all the travel highlights and some surprises, from olive oil tasting on an Andalusian farm and learning all about Toledo's three religions, to the treasured cities of Madrid, Seville and Barcelona.
- Explore Barcelona, Seville, Cordoba, Toledo and Madrid with a Local Specialist
- Discover Burgos, Santander, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Pamplona and Valencia
- Visit The Tomb of El Cid in Burgos, the Alhambra Palace in Granada, the Rock of Gibraltar, the Cathedral in Seville, the Mosque of the Caliphs in Cordoba, the Synagogue and Santo Tome in Toledo and the Prado Museum in Madrid
- View the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, La Concha Bay in San Sebastian, the Cathedral of Zaragoza, La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the Castle of Peniscola, the Serrano and Quart Towers and City of Arts and Sciences complex in Valencia
- Madrid: Drive through central Madrid and see some of the city's famous features during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Burgos: See El Cid's burial place in the cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Bilbao: See the architectural landmark Guggenheim Museum.
- Pamplona: Spend time exploring this city, known for its annual Running with the Bulls festival.
- Zaragoza: See the impressive historic landmarks of this thriving Spanish metropolis.
- Barcelona: With your Local Specialist, see Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Gracia to take in some of the city's finest Modernist architecture. Journey past the beautiful facades of the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerising Sagrada Familia.
- Peniscola: See the castle featured in the film 'El Cid'.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the historic bullring of Valencia during an orientation drive with your Travel Director.
- Granada: Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. Explore with a Local Specialist keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
- Gibraltar: Visit Gibraltar and delve into the typical British culture along Main Street.
- Seville: Guided by your Local Specialist, see the Giralda Tower, former minaret of the Great Mosque and now the cathedral's belltower. Explore the narrow streets of the Santa Cruz Quarter and emerge by the great walls of the Alcazar.
- Cordoba: Explore the incredible Mezquita with your Local Specialist. Admire the forest of horseshoe arches and learn how this building symbolises many of Cordoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Specialist. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the Cibeles fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace.
- Seville: Enjoy a traditional Andalusian Be My Guest dinner and the charming company of the Morillo family. A welcome drink of sangria in their sun-dappled courtyard before learning how they produce olive oil.
- Seville: Hotel Las Casas de La Juderia comprises a collection of elegant 15th-century Andalusian townhouses and flower-filled courtyards in the heart of Seville.
- Toledo: Embark on a walking tour in the ancient hill-top city of Toledo, renowned for its medieval Arab, Jewish and Christian Monuments.
- Madrid: Visit the Prado Museum in Madrid, where you'll have time to admire its extraordinary collection of European art dating from the 12th to early 20th centuries.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16973693
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Hola Madrid: Welcome to the fiery Spanish capital that is Madrid. Take in the vibrant essence of Madrid before meeting up with your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a memorable Welcome Reception and orientation drive to see some of the city's most iconic sights.|
|Day 2||Santander||Journey to Burgos and on to Santander: Journey over the pine-clad Guadarrama Mountains to Burgos, the historic capital of Castile, where we will visit the tomb of El Cid, a national hero and the protagonist of the most significant medieval Spanish epic poem - El Cantar de Mio Cid. We cross the Ebro River and the Cantabrian Cordillera Mountains, travelling to the coast and the sophisticated capital of the Cantabrian region, Santander.|
|Day 3||Culinary San Sebastian and Pamplona||Onwards to Culinary San Sebastian and Pamplona Make Travel Matter: We depart Santander and travel to Bilbao to view the striking Guggenheim Museum. Continuing to San Sebastian, the gourmet capital of Spain with a rich maritime history. Join a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience to explore the secrets of the old harbour area and uncover the forgotten Basque maritime cultural heritage.
Our overnight stay is in the vibrant city of Pamplona, famous for its Running of the Bulls fiesta. Follow in the footsteps of Hemingway and enjoy a drink at Cafe Iruna, ramble along the brilliantly lit city ramparts or delight in the local pintxos before enjoying dinner at your hotel this evening.|
NH Iruna Park
|Day 4||Barcelona||Continue to Gaudi's Barcelona: Our journey continues through the Ebro Valley to Zaragoza where we'll view the Basilica of El Pilar and Cathedral of La Seo. Arrive in Barcelona, soak up the charm of a city that professes two great loves - Gaudi and football. Enjoy panoramic views of a city, which dates back to Roman times, from atop Montjuic, then spend the rest of the day at leisure. Amble through the Gothic Quarter's labyrinthine lanes, indulge in the aromas and flavours of La Boqueria and discover the best crema Catalana in town.|
Apolo affiliated by Melia
|Day 5||Discover Barcelona||Discover Barcelona: The whimsical fantasy world of Gaudi is on display this morning as we embark on a sightseeing tour to see the inspiring, but as yet unfinished, La Sagrada Familia in the company of a Local Specialist. We'll see Las Ramblas and Placa de Catalunya, which lies at the heart of Barcelona, before paying tribute to Christopher Columbus at the monument that bears his name. Consider joining an Optional Experience to the mountain-top monastery of Montserrat to see the shrine of the Black Madonna, the patron saint of Catalonia.|
Apolo affiliated by Melia
|Day 6||Peniscola and Valencia||Off to Coastal Peniscola and Valencia: The sweet scent of oranges accompanies us on our journey along the Costa Dorada south to fortified Peniscola, where we'll see the ancient castle used in the film 'El Cid'. Continuing through fertile huertas, we arrive in sunny Valencia where we will stay the night.
Our orientation of this cultural city includes views of the modernist style Mercado de Colon, the Bullring, the Towers of Serrano and Quart, and the Art Nouveau Estacion del Norte. Witness the modern verve of Valencia and view the City of Arts and Sciences, a large-scale urban recreation centre for culture and science, designed by Santiago Calatrava, before spending the rest of the evening at leisure.|
|Day 7||Granada||Venture to Granada: Journey via the dramatic Mora Pass to the city of Granada where we meet our Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of the spectacular UNESCO-listed Alhambra. Its golden facades and extraordinary Moorish architecture reflect centuries of multi-cultural history, which you will have a rare opportunity to explore as you wander through its palaces and exotic water gardens. Check in to your hotel later, where we will dine tonight.|
|Day 8||Sunny Costa del Sol||On the Road to Sunny Costa del Sol: Set your watch to Spanish time and enjoy a leisurely morning on your terms, or consider taking an Optional Experience to explore the medieval Moorish Quarter of Granada - Albaicin - with its narrow winding lanes, churches, minarets and palaces. We leave Granada behind for the sun-kissed shores of the Costa del Sol, where we'll spend the next two nights.
The rest of the day is yours to enjoy. Stroll along the beachside promenade, relax at one of the nearby beach cafes or visit the picture-perfect whitewashed Andalusian village of Mijas - the choice is yours.|
|Day 9||Costa del Sol||Costa del Sol Your Way: Another day in paradise for you to kick back, worship the Spanish sunshine and taste la buena vida. Enjoy fresh seafood in Torremolinos, relax on the bleached beaches and soak up the Mediterranean atmosphere or consider an Optional Experience to the effervescent Andalusian capital of Malaga to explore centuries of history.|
|Day 10||Seville||Explore Gibraltar and on to Seville Connect with Locals Stays With Stories: A scenic drive takes you past the millionaires' resort of Marbella and on to La Linea. Cross to the Rock of Gibraltar for free time to explore or consider joining an Optional Experience to St. Michael's Cave to see the Barbary Macaques (Rock Apes).
This afternoon, continue through the Andalusian countryside past Jerez - famous for its sherry production - to Seville. This evening, we Connect With Locals over dinner at a Be My Guest experience with the Morillo family at their olive oil farm.
We will overnight in the heart of the Jewish Quarter at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories, Las Casas de la Juderia, a collection of 15th-century Andalusian townhouses connected by hidden passages, gardens and patios.|
Las Casas de La Juderia
|Day 11||Seville||See the Sights of Seville: Join your Local Specialist this morning for a tour of Seville's leafy avenues. See the iconic Giralda Bell Tower and visit the Seville Cathedral, the final resting place of Christopher Columbus. Stroll through Maria Luisa Park, with its tiled fountains, pavilions, palms and orange trees, and walk through the imposing Plaza de Espana. Explore the Jewish history of Spain in Seville's former Jewish Quarter, where a wall separated the Jewish community from the rest of the city during medieval times. Tonight, consider soaking up the fiery flamenco atmosphere in the city that made this passionate dance famous.|
Las Casas de La Juderia
|Day 12||Cordoba||Journey to Cordoba: We journey to Cordoba to meet a Local Specialist for a visit to the astounding Mosque of the Caliphs, a jewel of Hispano-Islamic art featuring striking arches and Byzantine mosaics. Then visit the remains of the 14th-century Mudejar-style synagogue in the old Jewish neighbourhood, before spending the rest of the day at leisure admiring the city's extraordinary Moorish architecture and heritage. This evening we dine at our hotel.|
|Day 13||Madrid||Admire Ancient Toledo then on to Madrid Dive Into Culture: We leave Andalucia and cross Don Quijote's La Mancha region, famous for its windmills, wines and cheese. Your Local Specialist takes you on a walking tour of Toledo where you'll Dive Into Culture as you explore this ancient hilltop city. Visit the Church of Santo Tome, home to El Greco's masterpiece - 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz', and the synagogue, the oldest one still standing in Europe. This evening we arrive in feisty Madrid, where we'll spend the next two nights.|
|Day 14||Madrid||Discover Stylish Madrid Dive Into Culture: The grand plazas of Madrid take centre stage today as we join our Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of Spain's capital city. See Gran Via and the Cibeles Fountain before we Dive Into Culture and visit the world-famous Prado Museum, featuring one of the world's finest collections of European art, including masterpieces by Velazquez. Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the city. Visit the Royal Palace with its spectacular Goya artworks, relax in the leafy Buen Retiro Park or enjoy the flavours and aromas of jamon in the Market of San Miguel. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for an unforgettable Farewell Dinner to celebrate an epic adventure through Spain.|
|Day 15||Madrid||Farewell Madrid: Our time together has come to an end. For now it's a fond adios to Spain and newfound friends. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class