Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 22 23
Travel to the enchanting land of Germany's Christmas markets, sharing the festive season spirit and Gemutlichkeit of the locals, amidst magical fairy lights, rousing oompah music and the spicy scents of Gluhwein.
- Explore Berlin with a Local Specialist
- Discover Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Weimar, Dresden and Leipzig
- Visit the Christmas Markets of Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Wartburg Castle in Eisenach (Sat/Sun only), Erfurt, Weimar, Dresden, Leipzig and ascend the Berlin TV Tower
- View the Opera House and Zwinger Palace in Dresden and the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag Building in Berlin
- Connect With Locals Join the locals for an exclusive Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner at Wiesenstein Victoria Luise, filled with Swabian and south German flavours.
- Dive Into Culture Experience the delights of Germany's oldest and most traditional Christmas market - Dresden's Striezelmarkt. The blaze of lights, the scent of mulled wine and Christmas music make this once-in-a-lifetime visit a pleasure for all the senses.
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 7 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- 1 Be My Guest
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627571
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Frankfurt||Welcome to Frankfurt: Tame your festive wanderlust with the smells of Gluhwein and Stollen on this magical journey that begins in Frankfurt. After checking in this afternoon, join your Travel Director on an orientation tour of the city's dynamic financial centre and medieval Romerplatz. Later, join your fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal.|
|Day 2||Nuremberg||Venture to Nuremberg: Stunning Bavarian landscapes line your journey to the medieval walled town of Rothenburg where you'll enjoy an orientation walk with your Travel Director past picture-perfect half-timbered houses and the Old Town Hall. Savour a mouthful or two of Schneeballen or shop for gifts at the Reiterlesmarkt before continuing to Nuremberg with its mighty ramparts and St. Sebald's Church. Our next stop is the famous Christkindlesmarkt where sweet gingerbread hearts hang from the stalls and the famous Zwetschgenmannle prune men pose in all their Christmas splendour.|
|Day 3||Weimar||Off to Weimar: Embrace hundreds of years of festive spirit at the Eisenach Christmas market* held in the UNESCO World Heritage Wartburg Castle. Ramble past sizzling Bratwurst and steaming vats of Gluhwein as you soak up the magical atmosphere. Next on our Christmas wish list is Erfurt's medieval market - its Weinachtspyramiden is the gateway to delicious aromas of schnitzel, gingerbread and egg punch, enjoyed against the backdrop of St. Mary's Cathedral and St. Severus Church. See the market Ferris wheel and Merchants' Bridge, the longest inhabited bridge in Europe. Our final stop on our festive foray today is the UNESCO World Heritage town of Weimar, where we dine at our hotel. (*Sat/Sun only)|
|Day 4||Dresden||Journey to Dresden: Enjoy a leisurely morning in Weimar before travelling to Dresden, the 'Florence on the Elbe'. Spend the day admiring the magnificent restoration of a city that was all but destroyed during World War II. Consider indulging in traditional German cuisine this evening at a local restaurant.|
|Day 5||Festive Atmosphere at Dresden Christmas Markets||Discover the Festive Atmosphere at Dresden Christmas Markets: Germany's Christmas traditions take centre stage today as we Dive Into Culture and wander through Dresden's Striezelmarkt, Germany's oldest Christmas market. Admire the dazzling display of twinkling lights, handcrafted decorations and Christmas carols. If you're lucky enough to visit on the second weekend in advent, pay homage to the original Dresdner Christstollen.|
|Day 6||Magical Leipzig and on to Berlin||Admire Magical Leipzig and on to Berlin: Immerse yourself in centuries of Yuletide traditions at Leipzig's Christmas market as you wander past more than 250 decorated stalls in the Marktplatz. Take a trip back in time as you savour the scents of Glogi wine and admire the traditional crafts in 'Ancient Leipzig'. We leave vibrant Leipzig for Berlin where we'll spend the next two nights.|
Sheraton Grand Esplanade
|Day 7||Berlin||Explore Berlin: You won't need Santa's reindeer to ascend hundreds of metres into the air as you admire 360 views of the city from the Berlin TV Tower. Your Local Specialist will share insights into old East and West Berlin during a sightseeing tour, see the Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden, the Reichstag building, the Tiergarten and the shopping and entertainment district of Kurfurstendamm. The rest of the day is yours to explore on your own or consider joining an Optional Experience delving into 'Berlin's Secret Past'. Our memorable Christmas journey almost at its end, you'll spend the evening at an exclusive Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner as you Connect With Locals in their home.|
|Day 8||to Germany||Farewell to Germany: For now, it's time to bid a festive farewell to our travel companions as we return home filled with magical memories. Morning transfers are available to Berlin Tegel Airport.|
- Christmas Markets: Are generally open from the beginning of Advent until 24 December 2022. Trafalgar reserves the right to substitute sites and Christmas market inclusions in keeping with the events of the season.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class