Brochure Type: Oberammergau 2022
Witness the unwavering faith of the Oberammergau villagers, who perform their dramatic depiction of the life and death of Jesus to thank God for sparing them from the ravages of the Plague.
- Premium Tickets for the Passion Play in Oberammergau
- Explore Salzburg and Vienna with a Local Specialist
- Discover Zurich, Innsbruck and Lucerne
- Visit Vaduz, St. Moritz, Stresa and Zermatt
- View the Golden Roof and Hofburg Palace in Innsbruck, the Matterhorn and Jungfrau mountains (weather permitting), Chillon Castle, Bern and the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne
- See Melk Abbey and the Wachau Valley
- 12 breakfasts
- 7 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15547532
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Welcome to Zurich: Your epic journey to the heart of Europe launches in the sophisticated cultural hotspot of Zurich, whose historic centre and scenic lakeside you will have an opportunity to explore, before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for an orientation of the city's iconic sights and a Welcome Reception.|
|Day 2||Salzburg||Journey to Liechtenstein and Salzburg: Embark on a soul-stirring encounter with the valleys and lofty peaks of Liechtenstein, bound for its tiny capital, Vaduz. Continue along the scenic Arlberg route through the Tyrol to your overnight stop in the Baroque city of Salzburg. Here, you will join a Local Specialist for a walking tour that will take you past iconic sights, including the house where Mozart once lived and Domplatz with its imposing Salzburger Dom Cathedral, Residenz Castle and St. Peter's Abbey.|
Austria Trend Europa
|Day 3||Vienna||Onwards to Vienna: Waltz through the scenic Austrian countryside, past Lake Mondsee and the rolling hills and fortresses of the Wachau Valley. See Melk Abbey overlooking the beautiful Danube, then continue to Vienna. Perhaps spend your first evening in the City of Music on an Optional Experience Viennese dinner with traditional entertainment.|
NH Danube City
|Day 4||Vienna||Discover Artistic Vienna: Admire the grand boulevards and beautiful Gothic and Baroque facades on a guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist, who will take you to see the State Opera, Hofburg, St. Stephen's Cathedral and Parliament. Immerse yourself in the centuries-old history, before spending free time soaking up the Kaffee culture of the city. This evening, you may wish to embrace the talents of the 'City of Music' and attend a Viennese concert in one of the city's magnificent performance venues.|
|Day 5||Oberammergau||Off to Oberammergau: Travel through the striking Austrian countryside and into Bavarian Germany to the picturesque town of Oberammergau for a Trip Highlight and display of unwavering faith - the Oberammergau Passion Play, which will be performed as it has every ten years since 1634. Dine at your hotel this evening.|
See 'Trip Notes'
|Day 6||Oberammergau||Experience the Oberammergau Passion Play Performance: Give thanks to God, as the Oberammergau villagers do in their dramatic depiction of the life and death of Jesus Christ. Take your premium seats for a poignant afternoon spent watching the Passion Play, witnessing first-hand the covenant that the villagers made with God in the 17th century to spare them from the ravages of the plague that had decimated their village and resulted in their promise to honour His grace and mercy. Dine at a local restaurant this evening before watching the captivating second half of this performance as night falls.|
|Day 7||St. Moritz||Venture to St. Moritz: This morning, we cross the Swiss border and travel through the enchanting landscapes of the Engadine Valley. Arriving in the chic winter sports resort of St. Moritz, we have the afternoon on our own to explore the scenic landscape or perhaps take a mountain pass train ride.|
|Day 8||Zermatt||Journey to Lake Maggiore and on to Zermatt: Drive via the Maloja Pass, past Lake Como, to Lake Maggiore. Explore the lakeside town of Stresa, before seeing the Borromean Islands. Then, head towards the Simplon Pass en route to Zermatt, where you will dine at your hotel.|
|Day 9||Zermatt||Zermatt Your Way: Spend a full free day soaking up Zermatt's crisp mountain air and panoramic vistas. Relax in beautiful surrounds or consider an Optional Experience to the Klein Matterhorn for the most spectacular mountain views.|
|Day 10||Montreux||On to Lake Geneva and Montreux: A drive through the Rhone Valley brings you to Lake Geneva, where you'll view Lord Byron's Castle of Chillon. Follow the shores of Lake Geneva round to Montreux, famous for its annual jazz festival. This evening, Connect With Locals over dinner for a Be My Guest experience at a family run winery overlooking Lake Geneva.|
|Day 11||Lucerne||Cross the Brunig Pass to Lucerne: Travel via Bern to Interlaken, set in the heart of Switzerland in the shadow of the mighty Jungfrau. Then, cross the Brunig Pass to lakeside Lucerne, where you'll view the ancient wooden Chapel Bridge suspended over the Reuss and visit the poignant Lion Monument to pay tribute to the brave Swiss Guards who lost their lives defending Louis XVI during the French Revolution.|
|Day 12||Lucerne||Lucerne Your Way: Snow-capped peaks surround you as you wander through the medieval streets of Lucerne, lined with colourful muralled facades. Spend a full day on your own exploring the Old Town, enjoy a leisurely Swiss lunch or consider an Optional Experience ascending a nearby mountain for panoramic views. This evening, toast to your epic journey during your Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 13||Journey Home||Journey Home: We say a fond farewell to Switzerland and our newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable journey. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class