Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Stroll through streets filled with romance, history and adventure as you travel Europe. Feed your imagination as you relax on the stunning shores of Lake Lucerne, watch master craftsmen create treasures in Venice and admire the magic of the snow-capped Swiss Alps.
- Explore London, Paris, Florence and Rome with a Local Specialist
- Discover Lucerne and Venice
- Visit a glassblowing factory in Venice and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome
- View the White Cliffs of Dover, the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice and the ancient sites of Rome
- See the Somme Battlefields and the vineyards of Burgundy in France
- 9 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel
- Ferry across the Channel from Dover to Calais
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page.
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page link below for details
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546919
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: Spend the day exploring the pomp and pageantry of a city that effortlessly combines old and new.|
Park Plaza County Hall/Park Plaza Riverbank
|Day 2||London||Discover Historic London: Join a Local Specialist this morning for a tour of the iconic and unexpected highlights of London, including Big Ben, the imposing Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Spend a leisurely afternoon shopping on Carnaby Street, consider visiting one of London's museums or wander along the Thames watching ambitious Londoners pound the pavements.|
|Day 3||Paris||Cross the English Channel to Paris: Meet your Travel Director before saying cheerio London and hello sparkling White Cliffs of Dover, England's last hurrah before we cross the English Channel bound for Calais. We pass the tragic World War I battlefields of the Somme before arriving in Paris where we will enjoy a Welcome Reception with dinner to meet our fellow travellers and Travel Director. This evening the City of Lights provides an enchanting backdrop for an orientation drive that will showcase several of the sights which await us tomorrow.|
Novotel Centre Bercy
|Day 4||Paris||Explore the Sights of Paris: Embark on a scenic sojourn, with your Local Specialist, along the grand Champs Elysees to view the Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought for France. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, you'll have some leisure time to explore the treasures of Paris. Perhaps enjoy breath-taking views from the highest rooftop terrace in Paris or relax at a cosy French cafe and enjoy a glass of wine while watching the world go by.|
|Day 5||Lucerne||Onwards to Explore Lucerne: We wind our way through the sprawling vineyards of Auxerrois and Burgundy, journeying south past the 15th-century fortress of Chateauneuf and rolling green farmlands into Switzerland bound for Lucerne. Cross the famous wooden Chapel Bridge with its 17th-century paintings and view the mortally wounded lion hewn from rock, paying tribute to the hundreds of brave Swiss Guards who died defending Louis XVI.|
|Day 6||Venice||Journey to the Floating City of Venice: Journey through the Alps today, travelling through the St. Gotthard tunnel and the border at Chiasso into Italy. Catch a glimpse of northern Italy's beautiful lakes, whose scenic retreats have attracted the aristocracy for centuries. Arrive in Venice later.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 7||Florence||On to Florence: Take to the water and board a private motor launch to the gateway of Venice, St. Mark's Square. View the Bridge of Sighs and ornate Doge's Palace, then Dive Into Culture and witness the centuries-old craft of glassblowing at one of the oldest workshops on the islands. We'll have some time to explore the hidden calle and campi to fit in some shopping or soak up the sights and sounds of the Queen of the Adriatic before crossing the Apennine Mountains bound for Florence, the 'Cradle of the Renaissance'.|
|Day 8||Rome||Journey to Rome: The magnificent Renaissance Dome of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral and the Baptistery stand imposingly in the centre of Florence and are among the sights we will view during our guided walking tour with a Local Specialist. Delve into the city's rich cultural, artistic and architectural heritage, then learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Admire the Ponte Vecchio which has spanned the Arno River for almost 700 years. Marvel at the impressive palazzi and art in the Piazza della Signoria, the political hub of the city. Rome is our final stop today.|
A.Roma Lifestyle/Barcelo Occidental Aurelia
|Day 9||Rome||Uncover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Visit the Vatican for a memorable encounter with the centre of Christianity. A Local Specialist will take you on a tour of St. Peter's Basilica, the home of Michelangelo's Pieta, crafted from the most perfect block of Carrara marble. Consider an Optional Experience to see the magnificent frescoes of the Sistine Chapel, before travelling to Ancient Rome to view the Colosseum where brave gladiators and slaves fought to the death to the thunderous applause of thousands of spectators. This evening, at our Farewell Dinner, we Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience and celebrate the Italian zest for life, food and good company.|
|Day 10||Rome||Farewell Rome: Our adventure together has come to an end. We say a fond farewell to Rome and our travel companions at the end of our journey together. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class