Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2021
This Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg travel trio packs a punch with good food and epic sightseeing. The enchanting beauty of Bruges is a highlight, but there's more to experience, from seeing how Belgian lace is made, to dinner in an 18th-century Flanders farmstead.
- Explore the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Luxembourg City and Bruges with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Ghent and Brussels
- Visit Royal Delft Pottery, General George Patton's Grave, Orval Abbey, Dinant and a lace making workshop in Bruges
- View The American Memorial at Bastogne
- Scenic Cruise on the canals of Amsterdam and Bruges
- Tickets for Keukenhof Tulip Bulb fields are included during the flowering season (end of March until mid-May)
- 9 breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546699
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam: Fall in love with the Lowlands, launching your holiday in the magical city of Amsterdam, whose labyrinthine canals and vibrant squares you will have an opportunity to explore on your own. Later, you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception cruise, including a light meal and welcome drink. Cruise the city's famous waterways admiring the picture-perfect surrounds and gabled facades.|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||Explore Amazing Amsterdam: Explore Amsterdam's historic city centre this morning and enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum with a Local Specialist. Come face-to-face with such masterpieces as Rembrandt's 'The Night Watch', Van Gogh's self-portrait, and 'The Milkmaid' by Vermeer. Celebrate spring and enjoy an included visit to Keukenhof (subject to season) where you'll stroll through an enchanting wonderland of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths with millions of blooms planted across the 32-hectare site.|
|Day 3||DELFT AND ROTTERDAM||Discover Delft and Rotterdam: Soak up the gezellig Dutch atmosphere this morning, before heading to Delft via The Hague. We Dive Into Culture during a visit to the Royal Delft Pottery workshop and admire the delicate blue and white porcelain that has made this historic town famous. We continue our journey south, arriving in the edgy port city of Rotterdam where we will enjoy an informative orientation tour. Heading back to Amsterdam, consider a leisurely evening in one of the charming pleins lined with cosy cafes.|
|Day 4||Maastricht, Bastogne and Luxembourg City||Onwards to Maastricht, Bastogne and Luxembourg City: The fortified city of Maastricht, with its beautiful old churches, ancient city walls, and stunning merchant houses, takes centre stage this morning. We spend some time strolling through its town centre before continuing to Bastogne, the site of bloody skirmishes in the World War II Battle of the Bulge. Visit the 12th-century Cistercian Orval Abbey, renowned for being one of the few breweries that produce Trappist beer before journeying to the Duchy of Luxembourg, where tonight we'll dine in our hotel.|
|Day 5||Luxembourg City||See the Sights of Luxembourg City: This morning, we pay tribute to Allied Forces hero, General George S. Patton, whose final resting place is the Luxembourg American Cemetery and Memorial. Later, we embark on a leisurely walking tour of Luxembourg City with a Local Specialist. Our route takes us past the Cathedral and the Grand Ducal Palace, with its Flemish Renaissance facades, and includes spectacular views of the gorge of the rivers Alzette and Petrusse. Spend the rest of the day at leisure soaking up the quaint atmosphere of this tiny country or indulge in a coffee while you people-watch in the leafy Place d'Armes - the choice is yours.|
|Day 6||Bruges||Journey to Bruges: En route to the enchanting medieval village of Bruges, we stop in Dinant whose famous son, Adolphe Sax, is credited with having invented the saxophone.|
|Day 7||Bruges||Uncover the Treasures of Bruges: Wake up in beautiful Bruges and join a Local Specialist for a walking tour of the town. Take to the water and enjoy a whimsical sightseeing cruise along the city's wonderful canals lined with Gothic facades. Dive Into Culture next and admire the delicate art of Belgian lace. Spend the rest of the day on your own, immersing yourself in the old-world allure of this town. This evening, we Connect With Locals, joining Marc Nyssen at his 18th-century Bruges farmstead to learn about Flanders farm life and enjoy dinner at an exclusive Be My Guest experience.|
|Day 8||Ghent and Brussels||Continue to Ghent and Brussels: Delve into centuries of trade heritage in the port city of Ghent, with its picturesque riverine backdrop. See the medieval city's three famous towers - Saint Nicholas Church, the Belfry and Saint Bavo's Cathedral - before continuing to Brussels, a multi-cultural melting pot, which you will have an opportunity to explore after your Travel Director shows you the city's highlights. See the Atomium, designed for the 1958 Brussels World's Fair, Mannekin Pis and the exquisite Grand Place with its opulent and ornate guildhalls. This evening, consider sampling mouth-watering Belgian cuisine washed down with the city's best beers.?Our Stays With Stories accommodation is the elegant Sofitel Brussels Europe. The hotel has long been the lodgings of choice for the world's movers and shakers, including Mark Zuckerberg and Angela Merkel. It's surrounded by leafy parks, cafes and museums, in the heart of the tranquil European District.|
|Day 9||Brussels||Brussels Your Way: Embrace a full free day to explore the Belgian capital as you wish. Stroll past the Royal Palace and through the leafy lanes of Brussels Park or indulge in tasting delicious chocolate. Your Travel Director will assist you to make the most out of your free day at leisure. This evening we celebrate a memorable sojourn through three fascinating countries during a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 10||Journey Home||Journey Home: We bid Belgium a fond adieu this morning as we prepare to close the curtain on a memorable holiday. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class