2021: Highlights of Ireland & Scotland (9030)
12 Day Tour from Dublin to Edinburgh
Call (716) 675-1190 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15243664
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Dublin||Check into your hotel. In the afternoon, there's time to rest or discover the vibrant Irish capital. Why not end the day with an optional dinner evening at the Guinness Storehouse?|
|Day 2||Dublin||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions to start your day in the 'Fair City' with an orientation drive along statue-lined O'Connell Street; elegant Georgian squares with their tall red brick townhouses, colorful doors, and wrought-iron decorated windows; Oscar Wilde's Trinity College; and St. Patrick's Cathedral. The afternoon is free for you to explore at your leisure. Maybe join an optional Irish cabaret evening, including dinner, dance, song, and laughter. (B)|
|Day 3||Tramore||Kilkenny, with its medieval cobblestone streets and Old-World charm, is your first destination today. There is time to stroll through pretty lanes with colorful painted houses and enjoy a morning coffee. Continue on to Waterford, famous for its exquisite crystal, before arriving at the seaside resort of Tramore. Before dinner, an optional pub tour might be fun.Today's Distance: 128 mi/ 205 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Killarney||The first of today's highlights is Blarney, famous for its Stone of Eloquence, with time at leisure to see the castle and shop for Irish handicrafts and handmade crystal. At Kenmare, join part of the Ring of Kerry, and stop for spectacular photos of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View before arriving in the popular resort town of Killarney.Today's Distance: 178 mi/ 293 km (B)|
|Day 5||Limerick||In Killarney this morning, there is time for an optional horse-drawn jaunting car ride along the National Park lakeshore for pictures of Ross Castle. Then to Adare, renowned as one of Ireland's prettiest towns. Its main street is punctuated with beautiful stone buildings and thatched cottages, medieval monasteries, ruins, and a picturesque village park. On to Limerick and, this evening, consider joining an optional medieval banquet.Today's Distance: 75 mi/ 113 km (B)|
|Day 6||Sligo||Breathtaking scenery awaits you today. Start with a visit to the spectacular 668-foot Cliffs of Moher and fantastic views over the Atlantic and Clare coast. Then, cross the limestone plateau of The Burren and stop in Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan center with colorful shops, and a busy cafe and bar culture. Your destination for tonight is Sligo.Today's Distance: 178 mi/ 293 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Belfast||Drive along Donegal Bay with its small fishing ports and hidden beaches to Derry, the walled city on the banks of the Foyle River. Continue on to awe-inspiring Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Hear how millions of years ago, the more than 40,000 interlocking basalt columns were formed. Overnight in the vibrant city of Belfast, where the Titanic was built.Today's Distance: 186 mi/ 300 km (B)|
|Day 8||Glasgow||Enjoy a leisurely morning in the capital city of Northern Ireland before boarding the ferry for the Irish Sea crossing to Cairnryan. On your way to Glasgow, stop in Alloway, the birthplace of Scottish poet Robert Burns.Today's Distance: 100 mi/ 160 km (B,D)|
|Day 9||HIGHLANDS||Follow the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond, and proceed via wild Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, Fort William, beneath Ben Nevis and Fort Augustus. In the afternoon, look out for signs of the mysterious Loch Ness monster, on the way to Culloden Moor where the Jacobite Rising, with Bonnie Prince Charlie at its helm, came to a tragic end at the hands of the Hanoverians.Today's Distance: 202 mi/ 325 km (B,D)|
|Day 10||Edinburgh||Travel through the spectacular Cairngorms National Park to Pitlochry, the Victorian mountain resort set amongst a beautiful scenery. Then, head toSt. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club has given us the rules of golfing. Finally, cross the elegant Forth Road Bridge to Edinburgh. A suggestion for this evening: a traditional Scottish night out with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and, of course, the Ceremony of the Haggis.Today's Distance: 176 mi/ 284 km (B)|
|Day 11||Edinburgh||A full day to enjoy the Scottish capital. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town,' home to famous scientists, inventors, and novelists. In the 'Old Town,' visit Edinburgh Castle to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. Afternoon at leisure. Later, a unique optional experience: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia, which was once the perfect royal residence for glittering state visits and family holidays. Tour five decks and see how the Royal Family and crew of 240 lived and worked on board. Dinner rounds off this optional evening. For departures July 30, August 6, and August 13, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned Military Tattoo. (B)|
|Day 12||Edinburgh||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).